Key Largo, Florida is a vacation paradise. This island offers sport fishing, outdoor adventures, snorkeling and diving. Because of its underwater scenery, Key Largo is known as the Diving Capital of the World. It’s the northernmost island of the Florida Keys and is home to a national marine sanctuary, a national park and two state parks.
With over 20 species of fish to catch, something is in season all year.
- Bonefish, Blue Marlin, Grouper and Yellowtail Snapper are among the fish you can catch.
- Small and large charter fishing groups are available.
- Deep seawater or shallow Florida flats fishing charters are offered.
Anyone who enjoys the outdoors can find something unique to do in Key Largo.
- Cruise on the real Africa Queen steamboat, made famous in the 1951 Humphrey Bogart movie.
- Swim or paint with dolphins, visit a dolphin research center, or support the dolphin rescue team.
- Try stand-up paddling or kayaking.
- Visit Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park or the Key Largo Everglades National Park.
Snorkeling and Diving
Hire either a snorkeling or diving charter to explore these famous sites!
- Christ of the Abyss is a bronze statue 25 feet below water among the Key Largo Dry Rocks reef.
- Molasses Reef is a natural wonder filled with colorful coral and sea animals.
- Shipwrecks and sunken vessels dot the seascape, covered in marine life for divers and snorkelers to enjoy.