Minot is the second-largest city in the state of North Dakota. It is the home of Minot Air Force Base, Minot Municipal Airport and Minot State University (MSU)
- Minot is the largest city in North Dakota and has a population of approximately 83,000 people. You can attribute the increase in people to an influx of newcomers from other regions and countries.
- This city is home to many people who work in the oil industry. The city also has the lowest crime rate and an affordable cost of living.
- Minot has plenty of things to offer in and around the city. You can visit downtown Minot, which features restaurants and shopping; enjoy a day at Minot Air Force Base, founded during World War II; and enjoy boating on the Missouri River in Mountrail County.
- In Minot, traditional food has been a big part of their culture for generations and is still very popular today. The city is well known for its bison meat. It is a traditional food served since the beginning of the town.
- Minot is a great place to live compared to other places in North Dakota due to its economic stability and affordability.
- Because of the economy, Minot is a hub for restaurants. Many people in the city love to eat out and have fun while doing it.
- A recent addition to the downtown area of Minot is an outdoor market that provides residents and visitors with fresh produce, local goods, clothing, etc.
- It gives them a chance to buy from local vendors selling handcrafted items, beeswax candles, hand-carved jewelry or any other item they think would be interesting.
So, is Minot the largest city or the second-largest city in ND?
I expect it’s #2 or 3 with either Fargo or Grand Forks being #1.
Though I havn’t lived there for 60+ years, The Magic City was a great place to grow up.